Monday, June 27, 2011

Transfers and BBQ

Hello everyone - stop crying about Jimmer - we'll get him in Utah. If he's any good.
Tuesday 6-21-11
Last day of the transfer. Elder Allred and I walked today. Really far. We went all the way to our mission/area boundary deep in compton. We were able to teach Latasha and Lucinda - I really hope they both get baptized soon. They have so much potential. Tonight we found out that due to some changes in the mission, our area is getting 'flushed'. We are both leaving and two new missionaries will come in. I am leaving because the Spanish program just got really small with all of the spanish-speaking missionaries that went home this transfer and they need my help. Elder Allred is leaving because he has been in this area for about 5 months. Sooo yeah. Back to spanish for me. I'm just moving down the road.. again. I'll be in the same zone but a different district. I cover parts of Gardena, Torrance, Lawndale, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach. We'll see how my spanish is after not using it for 6 weeks.
6-22-11
My area is called 'centinela'. Not sure why. My new companion is named Elder Cruz. He's Dominican but lives in Boston. My president put me with him to basically babysit before he goes home at the end of this transfer. I'm being forced to learn the area and the people really quick. And the language. It'll be good though. Elder Cruz is a good guy and I know we'll have alot of success. We visited some investigators at a beauty salon that they own. 2 of them have a baptismal date - July 17th.
6-23-11
We had a good lesson with a recent convert - hermano mueller and his non-member son. It went really well - he has such a strong testimony of the gospel. He's just been baptized for a couple of months. We taught the investigators in the beauty salon again and talked to some members that own a party supply shop next door. We had ward correllation and then ate dinner with our ward mission leader. My spanish is rough. Real rough. Hopefully I get it back soon.
6-24-11
Today we had our district meeting. I'm still in the same zone as I was before so i'm seeing all of the same Elders pretty much. That's been good for me. I'm serving next to Elder Ferrin - my old comp. He's been one of my really good friends out here on the mission. Maybe sara and him will get married or something, I dunno. Our ward mission leader comes with us to most of our appointments. He's really on top of things and a super good guy. We taught this kid that was just handed off to us from some other missionaries. He's from Guatemala and 19 years old. He's been to church twice and wants to be baptized really bad. He has a date for July 17th. Awesome - 3 going down on that date. Elder Cruz and I ran tonight. Before the mission he did triathalons - we ran 10 miles. Nice.
6-25-11
We did some service for a lady in the ward that cant drive. We picked up a food order for her from the bishops store house with hermano mueller and our ward mission leader. We took it to her house and helped unload it. We ate dinner with some recent converts and tried to see some former investigators. It was a good saturday.
6-26-11
Today was my first day in the Hermosa Liahona ward. First day in a new ward is always kind of awkward. It was pretty good though. All of our investigators showed up that are getting baptized on the 17th. One even stayed to watch a baptism after the block meeting. We ate dinner with the 1st counselor and shared a good message with him. My foot is really hurting from our run the other night so I spent a little time icing it tonight.
 
Well it was a crazy change this last week - I definately wasn't expecting this. It's been good so far though. Thank you so much for all of your love support and prayers.
Love, Elder Cottrell






Reply

Reply


p.s.s. I ate at Jay-bee's ... the bbq place that was on the food channel a while back. It was right in the middle of my old area. Holy Smoke bbq is better, but this ranked #2 in my best-bbq-experiences... I was very pleased.
- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment