Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5 2011- Happy 4th of July

Tuesday 6-28-11
Today was really hot - I was glad to be in a car. We visited Lourdes, Brenda and Jennifer at the salon today. They're all doing really well - Brenda is stil scheduled to be baptized on the 17th of July. Today is the day that Eddie promised he would quit smoking. He is in my old area so I have no way of keeping track of that, but I sure hope he's doing it. We ate dinner with the Guerrero's - they are recent converts and really really solid. Brother Guerrero is ... speedy Gonzalez. No lie.
Wednesday 6-29-11
Elder Cruz and I wrote a song to help get Jennifer - the investigator that works at the salon - to pray and come to church. We played it for everyone in the shop and they all loved it. We are trying to get more creative in our teaching - I think it's helping alot. She prayed and said she would come to church. We talked tot he Mastache family - they are in Utah and visited Dad! Jealous
6-30-11
We had a good lesson with Brother Muller today - he really reminds me of a couple people I have taught in my old area's - one of them being Franco - whom you are familiar with. He's very spiritual and very nice. He's been such a great help in getting our investigators to church or the visitors center or anywhere we need them to go. We answered some good questions he had about Alma 33 - this man has REALLY turned his life around. We had dinner with Brother Romero and then had our ward correllation.
7-1-11
We had our district meeting today and then went to eat. We visited with Edar - he is also being baptized on the 17th of this month. We did some fishing and met a few promising people. It's funny to look back on my old area's and realize that all the area's ive served in, touch each other. I've stayed in basically the same spot throughout my whole mission so far. I've really enjoyed it though, so no complaints here.
7-2-11
This morning we had our interviews with President Baker. It was really great to be able to talk to him - he's such a busy guy. I didn't get in trouble for anything... so that's good haha ;). We just looked at my progress from when I started and to where I am now - sitting with close to 6 months left. It was a good talk. We ate lunch and then went to work. I really hope I can learn this area before the transfer is over.
7-3-11
Sunday- Lourdes and Brenda came to church. It was a great fast and testimony meeting. A kid in the ward just got home from his mission so it was pretty much a homecoming for him in testimony form... It was good though. After church we ate dinner with Bro. Guerero and went hunting for a referral we received from the MTC. Her address is T.J. Max. . . c'mon.
7-4-11
Happy fourth of july. We had a bbq with President and a few other zones. We played sports and ate lunch. I went to the mall and bought a new shirt and some sunglasses and then we went out for a bit. I didn't see as many fireworks as I did last year but it was still really cool. My companion , being from Boston , really missed the big show out there. He's really close to being done with his mission.
 
Well that was the week - it's really warming up out here. I heard Utah is stinkin hot right now so be grateful you have good drinking water... and drink it.
Love,
Elder Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment