Monday, January 31, 2011

Another flat? Really?

Hello everyone! I don't have alot of time so i'll summarize the week-
1-27-11
Today we had traingings till 3 - they went pretty well. Just a whole lot of repitition - must be important or something! We stayed after for a bit so that Elder Watkins and some other missionaries could practice a musical number - i'm still not feeling the best so I chose not to participate. At about 4 we went to Subway and then headed for home. We taught Sister Recinos about fasting and she committed to do it - although she really doesnt want to. I got another flat tire a couple miles away from home so we started to walk. I was in a bad mood and was just thinking why that happened to me - we were almost home when a man ran across the street towards us. He asked us if we would pray with him - for his family. He prayed and then told us how amazing we are as missionaries - that we can never give up because we are this worlds' only hope. It really touched me and helped my mood to change. Amazing how God works.
1-28-11
Weekly planning today - fun! Not! They are working on our roof and we couldn't even hear ourselves think for the 3 hours. We changed my flat tire afterwards - we ate dinner with Sister Cruz and taught the Plan of Salvation - we tried contacting a referral that wasn't home but had a really good Restoration lesson with the Arana's. That was about the day - lots of sitting!
1-29-11
Today after studies the Sisters picked us up to take us to Santa Monica. We met with the mission to hear Elder Clayton talk to us all. From 1 to 4 we were able to ask questions to him and hear how we can ultimately become the best missionaries possible - it was a really cool experience. We were an hour late to our appointment with Jennifer and Dennis - we ate dinner there - I feel so bad sometimes. They are so incrediblly poor - can't even afford napkins. But they do absolutely everything they can to help the servants of the Lord. That really helps me to be humble. We taught brother Valladares the plan of salvation and then walked home in our suits about 4 miles. We didnt have time to get our bikes after the meeting - that's alright. We were able to talk to a lot of people on the way back!
1-30-11
Church - Dennis came! (Elder Mitillo - who trained me - went home today. Can you believe that??) After church we went to teach Dennis and Jennifer - we had been planning to teach their neighbor but she wasnt home. We didn't have a plan of what to teach them so we thought we'd just talk about baptism and prayer. Dennis is about 40 yrs old and is kind of immature - his two kids and girlfriend are recent converts but he is Catholic and doesnt want to change. We convinced him to pray - we all knelt down and in his prayer - he promised God that he would be baptized. When we were done, I stayed on my knees - shocked. He looked at us and said "When can I get baptized"? Feb. 20th - I can't believe it!!!! Most amazing turn around I have ever seen. I'm so excited! I love you all! Have a good week!
Elder Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment