Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reading D & C and gratitude

Thursday 10-13-11
If I start today, I can read one section of D&C everyday and be done by the time I go home - to the day actually. I'm doing it. We trained another zone for 1 1/2 hours today - that was fun. It went pretty well! We trained on The Holy Ghost in Conversion - I really learned alot. We ate some korean bbq in korea town - that was good. I did a baptismal interview for Arturo tonight - it was the first one i've done in spanish - it was hard! He is ready though and will be baptized this sunday. I'm really excited for him.
10-14-11
We trained our zone and another one today for 3 hours - it went well. We are going over the Fundamentals again - the mission needs a refresher course I guess. We didn't have any plans tonight and didn't know what to do - our set appointment fell through. So we sat in the car and prayed to know what we should do. I had a feeling to turn on the cd player. We have been listening to general conference - it was Pres. Monson speaking. We just listened for about 30 seconds - he talked about giving thanks to everyone around us for the great things that they do. I turned it off - we looked at each other and decided to make a list of everyone that has helped us since we've been together - in any way - and write thank - you notes to them. It was an awesome experience. I really am so so grateful for all of the things the missionaries and ward members and leaders do for us each day to make this work that much easier.
10-15-11
We had an awesome lesson with Hector - he is really aching for a change in his life. We are doing our best to help him make that change. He always welcomes us in with a smile - that's so nice to have when so many people just shut the door on us. He will get baptized. I know it. We printed off some pictures to put with our thank- you's.
10-16-11
Long day of church! We had an area 70 come to our ward council meetings - they were great! We went to 2 baptisms - I sang at one of them. I really felt the spirit... I dunno what it is about the spanish wards and baptisms, but they are just... great. We were telling a member family the other day more about the BOM - we explained to them 'this is written by YOUR ancestors! Yours!' their eyes lit up - they loved to hear that - they came to church yesterday. The Book of Mormon is amazing... I wish I had better words for it, but it has truly changed my life. I know the words in there are true - I know it.

I love you all!
Elder Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment