Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm in the zone.....

Hey everyone, it was a short week due to our Temple P-Day last week so this letter wont be quite as long:
Thursday 7-28-11
Today we had our weekly dinner with Brother Romero - our ward mission leader. Afterwards we headed over to the church for our corellation meeting. We finally got some ward missionaries in the ward so we spent some time training them with Preach My Gospel afterwards. Lourdes, Brenda's mom, had her baptismal interview afterwards - she passed! That's another baptism this week. We have really seen a lot of success in the area lately and are being so blessed.
Friday
Today at our district meeting I gave a training on how to teach people that don't have a Christian background. I learned that you teach them a little differently - more slowly and simply - but the doctrine and things you teach are the exact same as what you would teach anyone else. The principles in the Gospel of Jesus Christ are the same now matter how you look at it. We went to do service afterwards with the Zone - it fell through so we had the whole day open. We went and talked to Lourdes more about her baptism - she is really excited but is seeing opposition in all directions. She will make it.
Saturday
Today we helped Bishop Vargas move his mom's house into a storage unit. We did that from 10 am to 7 pm. It was a long deal. Both the Bishop and his mother were very grateful for our help - I was glad we were able to do that service for them. I've commented on service a thousand times already, I know - but it is SO important to do in this life. I really think it is the #1 way to reach our goal of eternal life.
We ate dinner with the Guerrero's and then Elder Cruz got his free 'last haircut' from Lourdes before he goes home.
Sunday
Happy Birthday Mom! 50 years young.
Today we went to church - it went really well. We filled out all the paper work for Lourdes' baptism and then printed the programs. Elder Ferrin and I both got phone calls earlier this morning from the A.P.'s saying that President wanted to interview us. - Transfers are on wednesday so we knew it had something to do with that. My interview was at 4:00 - Lourdes' baptism was at 4:30 - at another church. I was the one baptizing her. SO, we ran over to the interviews - we got interviewed and ran back to the other church - I got changed and walked into the room just as they said 'we will now proceed with the ordinance' - lucky me. The baptism went awesome - Lourdes was nervous but you could see all of that just leave as she was baptized. - My interview went well - President Baker asked me to be a Zone Leader in the Marina zone. It is a pretty big zone that covers Malibu, Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey - some famous cities. I'll still be spanish speaking though so that's good. This will be an adventure that i'll need everyone's prayers from back home to help me. Please. I'm somewhat nervous - but I know the Lord will help. After the baptism we went straight back to the other church for the missionary departing fireside - all of the people you've taught and gotten to know over your two years can come hear your testimony before you leave - it's always one of my favorite things to go to because I get to see people i've gotten to know over the last year and 1/2. It's always a great place to feel the spirit - and get you trunky to go home.
 
That's it! Thank you again for all you do. Keep reading, keep praying, keep the faith!
Love,
Elder Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment