Monday, August 22, 2011

8-22-11 The Lord was walking me through it!

Well this week was pretty great - I want to share one experience I had because I don't have much time.
On Wednesday I was able to interview a man that was prepared to be baptized - this was his final interview before the dunk. Anyway, he's awesome. We sat down and the first thing he said was "i've really been struggling with my faith this last week and i'm just not sure i'm ready to be baptized" I asked if we could start with a prayer. I said it... as I said it, all of these things started to flow into my mind of what I must say in order to help him. As soon as I was done praying I opened up the scriptures to Alma 32 and read verses 28, 29 and 30. I talked about not having to have a perfect knowledge to know that you should be baptized. I don't even remember all that I said throughout the interview. It seemed like a half hour when in reality it lasted an hour and a half.. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had in my life. I was able to address his concerns just exactly how he needed to hear it.. I knew it wasn't me that was talking - i'm not even close to that smart. The Lord worked through me that day.. He guided me and gave me the words to say. Colin was baptized on Sunday and I was able to attend the end of it. He bore his testimony and thanked me for the counsel I gave him... I told him that it was not me.. but the Lord. He is awesome and so excited to start his new life as a member of the church. I wish I could express more fully the amazing experience that I had.. But just trust me when I say that I KNOW the Lord was walking me through that interview..
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Love,
Elder Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment