Monday, September 12, 2011

Bird Lady songs 9-12-11


Tuesday 9-6-11
Today we had a zone leader council from 9 30 till 1 at the mission home. It was a pretty good meeting - President spoke on the atonement and becoming Gods... it was pretty deep but really cool. We ate with a guy in the singles ward and then had a long lesson at the bishops office with Kyle - emily's fiance. It went pretty well - he's really excited about elders quorum and committed to come check it out this sunday. The weather was way hot today.
Wednesday
The other day we were in a lesson with Awah - elder maddox had a zit or something on his head and was scratching it ... or something... i guess... during the lesson. Anyway, he somehow pulled out a huge chunk of his hair and now has a bald spot the size of a nickel. I don't imagine i'll ever stop laughing at that one. He also broke his watch the other day in a lesson when a fly wouldn't leave him alone - I felt real bad but couldn't stop laughing at that either. Poor kid. He's a really funny guy - purposely and non-purposefully. We did our weekly service at the old folks home - it was awesome. The lady I took was named Erna and acted like a bird the entire time. She kept yelling as I pushed her wheelchair through the market "IIIIIIIIII wanna go HOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I just smiled as everyone looked at me like 'creep'. I found out that if I sang to her while we walked, she wouldn't yell. So I sang different songs as we walked and she'd comment and say things like 'very good' or 'and another?' it was pretty funny. When we pulled up to the convelescent home I said 'there, youre home now' and she said "oh freak, I hate this place" Oh well, I tried. It was way hot again today - we worked hard to find someone to baptize. I gave out a ton of cards and a couple book of mormon's. We had two dinners tonight - there is a girl going to BYU-I from here that asked if she could come over to the house for thanksgiving since she can't come back to Cali... sooo... I don't know if she'll actually come. Hope you don't mind! Even though I wont be there!
Thursday
Today we had a lesson with Trey at the V.C. - we watched a video and talked about the plan of salvation - he's pretty ready to be baptized on the 24th - it'll be great. As I was leaving, a girl kept waving at me - it was Leah Lunt from highschool haha crazy huh? She is working at disneyland and just so happened to visit the temple while I was there. She took a picture and said she would put it on FB so watch for it. She told me everyone at home is married or pregnat and married... gross. Anyway, She said I didnt look any different than before I left - that's good I guess? We took Leavin - a member- on splits with us for a bit and then had dinner with the Ramos' - they're a young couple, dont have much, and the happiest people ever. I hope my marriage can be as happy as theirs.
Friday
We had our district meetings - i gave everyone a cup, some dirt and a seed to plant inside. We wrote on the cups the name of our zone goal "faith, it's what you do" - they will grow their seed and find out what it turns into and the fruit that it brings forth - (alma 32) i was pretty excited about it ha. Friday's are busy... good... but busy. We had a good lesson with a couple of families - we had dinner at venice beach with some members and then had a lesson with Linda and Miguel - an awesome new family that promised to read and pray this week.
Saturday
We did a ton of fishing today. A guy let us into his apartment - we taught him for about an hour - just about Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon. His wife came home as we were leaving. At first she seemed kind of upset that we were there but then once she knew we were talking about God she asked us to come back. It was great! We taught anna and miguel - they're an awesome family as well. Miguel is struggling with some doubts but we are confident he'll get through them. Today in my personal study I spent some time writing down 30 goals I want to accomplish in the next 5 years... I have some work to do.
Sunday
Church was awesome - long but great. Allison - who was confirmed last week - got a calling today. She's a new ward missionary haha I can't believe it. She will be awesome! She made us some japanese food for dinner - it was a good day.

That's the week. I love you all and hope you're reading, praying and keeping the faith.
Elder Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment