Monday, February 28, 2011

Congratulations Laci & Daniel!

Congratulations Laci and Daniel!
 
Tuesday 2-22-11
Today was our walking day for the week - I think we'll do this every tuesday now. We met with Joanna and had a great lesson with her. She believes that the Book of Mormon could be true and wants to receive an answer if it is or not. We talked with Ricardo for a little while- he was out working on his car. He doesn't feel happy, doensn't have peace and wants to change, but isnt' willing to. He's entirely addicted to alcohol. I'm not a very good counselor with this kind of stuff but I know what miracles prayer can bring forth. We had a lesson with two new investigators - Norma and Jose from El Salvador. They've been here for just about 4 months and are just trying to make it. It was a really great lesson on the Restoration - I feel like they're going to get baptized soon.
 
2-23-11
After planning today we went and talked with Patrice - she said that when she comes to know that everything is true, she will change her life and be baptized. Bonus. We talked to one of the drunk guys from the other day - Sergio. While we were talking to him, at different times, his mom and his sister came out and begged us to help him, saying that he is in love with his alcohol and nothing else. Sad. He wants to change - we'll see how much. We ate at Tom's for dinner and then on our way to a members', Elder Watkins felt like we shold go see Dennis and Jennifer. We went over there to find all of them super sick. We were able to bless all of them - Jennifer felt completely better by the end of the lesson - her faith honestly amazes me. Dennis is backing off alot - it's sad to see him break such a big promise with his family and God. When we left, we saw a rat trying to escape the complex. (sorry mom but I gotta tell this) Elder Watkins cornered is with his bike and messed around with it.. It started running towards me so I just kicked it... super hard. It flew 10 feet and hit the metal gate and started making a bunch of noises. I was laughing and then felt pretty bad. It ran towards me again and I just let it pass me.. Hopefully someone in there likes rats!
 
2-24-11
My official year mark.. Can't believe it. We had Zone Conference in Palos Verdes with Peninsula zone. It was so stinkin long. 7 am to almost 5. Meetings aren't my favorite. It was a really good conference though - really focused on obedience. Afterwards we ate dinner at a members' house and then did some fishing. Long day.
 
2-25-11
It started to rain in the morning and was really cold. We did some fishing to start off the day and then talked with Sergio - his spanish is SUPER hard to understand. He just mumbles - honestly does not open his mouth. STOP DRINKING. Jeez. We ate dinner with the Ramirez family - they are in a part of our new area - they're a really great family. We taught about tithing and they all committed to pay. We went to Ricardo's afterwards. After we prayed, the first thing he says is "so derron williams now plays for the nets".. that was an awesome way to distract me from the super important lesson we were about to have. I tried as best as I could to get it out of my mind. We had a good lesson with him about the BOM. We visited Lalo and Jave tonight - both are struggling.
 
2-26-11
After correllation today we road in the freezing weather to Hermano Valladares' house. He's really old and I think has alzheimers. He's a good guy though and we really want him to get back to church. His wife is super Catholic and loves to decorate the home with the Virgin. :) don't get me started on the Virgin. We ate with Sister Romero - they are so stinkin poor. She does all she can for the church - I really admire that. We met with Norma and Jose again - they committed to be baptized on Mar. 13! Sweet!!! Pray for them. Then we went to a Chinese restaurant with a member - Panda House - the owner was chinese but spoke spanish as well - the menu was in chinese and spanish... I think i'm in mexico.
 
2-27-11
CHURCH day. I love church. Never thought I would but I really look forward to it every week. We talked with Sergio and his Catholic friends about the Saints. That was fun - oh man i'm out of time. It was a really good day - I love you all - Have a good week!
Love, Elder Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment