Saturday, June 30, 2012

We had an amazing day.10-12-11

Wow time really is flying - I can't believe Levi goes home next week - help him to adjust by taking him to a movie his first day home ;)
I've got 10 minutes - i'll summarize the week.
10-4-11 tuesday
We had zone leader council and learned some awesome things about the atonement from P. Baker. We committed Bro. Guarnero's to be baptized - he rejected - so I guess we really just invited - he didnt commit. BUT he is REALLY thinking and praying about it. William talked about conference - he loved it! He took a bunch of notes - but he's stuck on some really deep questions that I don't believe he will get an answer anytime in this life. We're praying for him.
10-5-11
It rained today pretty hard - we went to do our service and instead of walking to the farmers market, we sang hymns for them. They ... kind of liked it? They didn't clap or anything - I don't know if it's cause they physically couldn't, or we just weren't good. I played and sang some songs for them on the guitar. We planned for a while and made a salsa - it was way hot. But way good.
10-6-11
I went on splits with elder payne - a korean elder. It was great! It was kind of a long day because all of our appointments fell through except for william - but that lesson was great! He's progressing and really giving it his all to find out if this it true.
10-7-11
District meeting day - they all went great. None of the districts met their weekly goals so I didnt' have to give them a prize - I was bummed though. Stake conference tomorrow. Nice.
10-8-11
We had an amazing day. We found 3 people ready to be taught - it was great. We also gave a blessing to a child of a former investigator - the family loved it and wants us to come back.
10-9-11
Highlights of the day - william came to stake conference, I met Bishop (now president Vansweden - know's erik and cami). AND Aloysa Wong - one of the people I baptized in my first area, was on her mini-mission in my stake! She has been a member for a year - her mom is a YW advisor - that really made my day. We taught a former - she just wanted to bash - and THEN she learned about the BOM. She's super interested - it was such a 'turn-around' lesson. I'm really excited for her.
10-10-11
Slow day today - went on splits and just counseled an elder. I really am praying for him hard... They are having some tough times. Situations like those  - where I am called on to counsel- have been such a blessing and learning expierience for me.
10-11-11
We contacted an investigator and taught her the restoration. She committed to be baptized on the 30th of this month! I couldn't believe it. I wish I could tell you more about it!
I love you all and pray for you daily!
Love, Elder Sam Cottrell

No comments:

Post a Comment